As the FlowStone export of the synth is free... Charging money for Saguaro.one or bundling it with other software and selling it without permission is not permitted. Modifying Saguaro.one or any part of it's code without permission from it's creator is also not allowed.
Saguaro v0.43 - 32/64 bit VST plugin:
VST 3 versions (ZIP file)
VST 2 versions (ZIP file)
Saguaro v0.43 - 32/64 bit Standalone:
Don't forget to download the required Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2013. You can find it here
- Mapping of LFO's Depth knobs has been changed. Any presets created with previous versions of Saguaro.one will have to be adjusted
- Uni/Bipolar Offset reworked and now only scales from 0 with Depth knob. It can no longer be set to a static DC negative or positive offset
- A larger visual representation of the Uni/Bipolar offset is now shown as reference while adjusting
- Envelopes can now be switched between Flowstone toolbox ADSR and AHD
- New "Slice" parameter added. For playing around with resonance
- Slice knob attenuates lower harmonics by just keeping the first samples of the saw waveform and subtracting remaining samples with themselves. Note, that since the amount of samples is static regardless of played note, the amplitude of the spectral content in the "slice" wont be the same across the frequency range
- The Slice parameter cannot be modulated nor controlled by assignable C1..C3 yet. It will be added in future updates
- P3C knob for "Pitch n Sync Duo" Osc module has been adjusted
- Minor adjustments of GUI to improve usability
- A second hardsync OSC module added
- Minor adjustments of GUI to improve usability
- Free waveforms (free LFO's) Speed, Phase and Shape can now be modulated by Mod Envelopes, Pitch Mod, Velocity Mod and LFO to LFO
- Beware that modulating free LFO's by Mod Envelopes will tend to use more voices (and CPU) depending on envelope release time "R"
- Fixed! Did not function properly at all due to a schematic blunder... atleast in previous export of Saguaro.one
- "Amount knobs" have now been replaced by "Depth knobs"
- Modulation types added: (-1)-1, 1-(-1), 0-1, 1-0, 0-(-1) and (-1)-0
- Modulation types added: 0-1, 1-0, 0-(-1) and (-1)-0
- Fixed. Can now be modulated (in a more reasonable way) even in "Post Env" by both Mod Envelopes and LFO's
- Beware that modulating Distortion by Mod Envelopes will tend to use more voices (and CPU) depending on envelope release time "R"
- Reduced Flowstone schematics in preparation for possible future updates. Means less RAM consumption and slightly shorter loading time... for now atleast.
- Clear Synth Audio (If synth has issues) can now be triggered via automation in case of concurring stuck notes during playback etc
- Scope mode (pre/post-filter and post-dist) is now saved with presets
- Other adjustments of GUI to improve usability
- Added waveform DC offset option to most LFO destinations, not only Oct/Semi shifters
- Removed "adaptive" modulation (meant to reduce overmodulation and make fine modulation easier) since they restricted opposing modulations
- This change affects all Mod Envelope amounts, so any soundpresets made with older versions of Saguaro.one will have to be adjusted. Demo presets in Saguaro.one v0.4 have been adjusted accordingly to resemble older versions presets
- Sub Aux Oscillator should no longer be phase inverted going thru F2 if filters are routed in Series 1 or Series 2
- Sub Aux Oscillator "Mix" incorrectly affected main Osc Module's bypass level when filters were
routed in Series 1
- Other small fixes made...
- Option for knob "direct control" removed entirely to reduce Flowstone schematic size of Saguaro.one
- Therefore any need for knob value retention is gone. Value retention didn't work properly anyway since it "messed up" values badly when changing preset
- Added a knob sensitivity option for "This knob". Normal, Medium or Max
- Minor changes to GUI to improve usability
- Less CPU per knob is used when tweaking / automation
- Pitch Pan is now also disconnected until used. Similar to modulation knobs.
- "This knob" knobs can now be moved to GUI front panel for easy access
- This placement is saved per preset
- Some destinations knob values are now temporarily retained when selecting a modulation "type for" and then setting it to Off again. Future updates will include this temporary retention for all destinations knobs and their values.
- A few waveforms and Shape control has been added to LFO's
- Including "crude" stepped waveforms. But they will have to do for now...
- Minor adjustments to particular OSC modules. Might mean a somewhat changed tonality
- Various fixes and some minor adjustments GUI to improve usability
Additional oscillator essentially turns Saguaro.one into a rather wonky kind of 2 oscillator synth.
One of these ocillators of course being the "main" Osc Module which stays the same as before and utilizing different amounts of oscillators inside.
The new Aux Oscillator is partly decoupled and has it's own Routing and Mix Level settings. Choose to route to filter 1, 2, both or bypass (when used)
For convenience... an AUX dropdown shortcut has been added beside the P3 button
The Aux Oscillator can only be controlled by automation in this version (v0.3). It has not yet been added as modulation nor controller destination. The actual implementation for modulating this oscillator is dependent on future updates. But, some individual "phase, mix and pitch" modulation are likely candidates to be added further on
Support for aftertouch added and can be selected as input source via Assignable C1, C2 and C3
Custom BPM rate can now be set in the "About" Panel. This setting is mainly aimed at Standalone version if using LFO's BPM match setting when no host is connected (default 120 bpm)
Distortion is now fully disconnected when OFF to reduce some CPU usage. It will now only receive modulation when ON (green)
- This change unfortunately means a click when turning distortion ON or OFF
LFO 1 & 2 are now indicated as active with a "+" in dropdown when ON (waveform is selected)
- This will reduce risk of missing/forgetting that a LFO is being used and one of it's destinations are modulated by a Mod Envelope... or perhaps an automation track
Velo Amp is now also indicated as active with a "+" in dropdown when velocity curve has a non default value
Changes to the GUI and buttons to improve usability
- Some buttons were unresponsive at first click after loading plugin or changing preset